Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Birthday Surprise!

Little Britches and his cousins.


Target practice.

Dad passed one of his BB guns on to Little Britches for his birthday.



Yesterday was Little Britches' birthday. He turned 9. Wow! Time really flies, ya know? I had planned on having a post all ready to go ON his birthday. But...spontaneity happened. That's always a fun thing. MW thought it might be fun to go spend the weekend at my parent's house in Michigan and throw Little Britches a party with all of his cousins up there. We kept it a surprise.

My mom organized the party - and all of his cousins were able to make it, even on short notice. I arranged for my dear MIL to get Little Britches on Friday while I packed, shopped and took the dog to the kennel. When we went to pick Little Britches up after MW got off of work, we told him that we were going to Michigan for his birthday. Actually, MW told him. LB said, "Nuh uh! Are we, Mom?" I nodded yes. He began jumping and screaming and shaking his fists in the air. I think he was just a little bit excited. He wanted to know when we were leaving and we told him, "Now! The bags are packed and loaded up in the Explorer. We're leaving right from here!" And then the jumping, screaming and fist shaking commenced, again.


All of his cousins came on Saturday afternoon for the party. After all the eating, cake and presents - all of my cousins and our kids headed to Bounce-A-Mania, leaving our parents behind to unwind with coffee, conversation and QUIET. Bounce-A-Mania is awesome! I had never been anywhere like that before. If you're not familiar with it - it is all of these blow up Moon Walks, slides and obstacle courses. The adults had as much fun as the kids did!


I think that this was Little Britches' most memorable birthday, so far. I was really glad that we were able to go up there this past weekend. It meant a lot to spend a special time with family that we don't get to see as often as we'd like.


I'll post more later.
Pam

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, happy birthday, Little Britches!

    You guys are AWESOME parents to surprise him like that...what a great surprise!

    And the BB gun...way cool!

    We had to take Jericho's BB Gun away from him because he shot out one of the dual panes of his bedroom window. In our new house. With custom, expensive windows. Now secured with clear cellophane tape, bb still inside between the panes. He won't be seeing that thing again for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!