Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Couple Completed Projects

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter like I did! Actually, my whole weekend was wonderful - and well needed. Friday night, MW took me to dinner and then whisked me away to a hotel with a jacuzzi suite to celebrate our anniversary. Hubba, hubba! It was a lot of fun and he promised me that it wouldn't be 14 years before we do it again! I plan on holding him to that promise!

On another note - I STILL don't have my sofa pillows done yet. But, I am going to show you a few things I've managed to accomplish.

On my trip to Goodwill a few weeks ago I picked up a $.99 plain wooden tray with plans to gussie it up a bit. Sorry, no before shots. I spray painted it black, added a couple of $.29 sheets of scrapbook paper with Mod Podge, then cut out a monogram I printed off the computer and Mod Podged it on top. I now have a cute tray that coordinates with my toile Roman shades in the kitchen.

While I was at Hobby Lobby (Man, I love that store!) looking for toile scrapbook paper, I happened upon some toile tissue paper. It's amazing what you can find in that print. I'm still looking for it in wrapping paper, but haven't been successful, yet. Anyhoo, I couldn't resist breaking out the spray paint and Mod Podge once more to make a matching paper towel holder with the tissue paper. The pattern isn't as obvious in tissue paper as it is in the scrap book paper. So, you can't really tell that it's toile. But, that's OK. I like anyway.




















On the same Goodwill trip that scored me the wooden tray, I also found a pair of lamps for my living room. I like the shape much better than my old ones. When I got them home, one of them didn't work. But a $2.50 light socket insert (along with a helping hand from MW) was a quick and cheap fix. Thanks, honey! Notice the gingham pillow in the chair. Yep. I made that. And there is one that matches it on the other side of the room.

This is a little better shot. I have had 3 sewing lessons now with "Grandma Ginger". This time she taught me how to make my own binding and piping for the pillows. This stuff can be used everywhere, though. My home made projects aren't perfect, but I get great satisfaction out of the fact that I am learning new skills and making things myself. I know that with every project I attempt, my skills will only improve.

I feel like I am trying to eat an elephant with the amount of projects yet to be done. I am trying not to get overwhelmed by it, but rather take it one bite at a time and enjoy the progression of transformation that our house is taking on.

Tomorrow is our Homeschool Library Day and the kids are learning about Arbor Day. Maybe they'll even get to bring home little trees to plant. That would be fun. One more project to add to the list! Well, that's about it for now. I need to read a couple more chapter in "The Twenty-One Balloons". It's a really good book, by the way - for the kiddies anyhow!

Have a wonderful Tuesday.
XO, Pam
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Love the tray! I am adding this to my long list of projects I want to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Goodwill! Great job on the tray!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!