Monday, March 2, 2009

Thrifty Finds!

This past weekend I hit the local Thrift Store and T.J. Maxx looking for cheap "treasures" to decorate my freshly painted guest room with. I love getting a bargain! I get such a thrill out of taking someone else's "junk" and making it beautiful. I've read many of your posts and know that I'm not alone in this.

The first picture shows the cheap finds from T.J. Maxx. The picture frame was on clearance for $3.50. Not bad. The square, white plate (which I think is adorable) was a $3.00 sale item. And for my finds of the weekend...drum roll, please...the two blue and white plates...$.70 a piece! That's right! $1.40 for the pair! Yay for me! They were the only two left or I would have bought another one. I think I'm going to use the three plates as decoration on a small wall in the guest room. I'm thinking...stacked on top of each other with the white one in the middle. I'm pretty sure you can use a square plate with a plate hangar. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Tell me what you think...Will my idea work and look good on a narrow wall?

The next picture is of the things I found in our little Thrift Store. Small, lead crystal vase, $1.00. Double candle holder in an antique white finish, $1.00. Pair of white birds, $1.00. International Pewter candelabra, $1.00. And finally the small, silver frame was $1.00 at Dollar General Market. I'm not sure where I'm going to put the white candle holder, yet. I was thinking of putting the pewter candelabra on a nightstand next to the bed with the birds, some books...I'm wondering, though. Could I put that on the same table that also holds a lamp? Would this be a big decorating faux pax?

So my total was $12.90 for all 10 items. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

I found today where my Picassa photo program added a feature where I can add pictures to a blog post straight from there. Yay! That means I'll be able to post pictures as I finish getting the details of the guest room put together.

More details to follow later.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOO, HOOOOO!!! YOU DID GOOD GIRL!

    GREAT PLATE IDEA, AND YUP, THE HANGER WILL WORK ON A SQUARE PLATE.

    HUGS FROM MAINE

    http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!