Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Much Fun!

Well, two days ago it started snowing. And snowing. And snowing. And snowing some more. It finally stopped yesterday afternoon. The winter storm left us looking like a cotton factory exploded all over everything. Chris plowed the top of the snow with the bottom of his car all the way to his work. Thank God for front wheel drive! It is gorgeous out. However, I don’t think that I’ll be in a position to be leaving the house (once again) for quite a few days.

After lunch we decided to take a break and enjoy some of the pleasures of this temporary delight. I have taken pictures to document our escapades.














Making snow ice cream.













Using some of the snow for frozen Coke slushies.















Outside to play.















This is how deep the snow is in the back yard.















Can’t have all play with no work.

After quite a while outside, I sent Isaac inside to put on some warm, dry clothes while I finished shoveling the drive. I told him that I had about ten minutes left and then I would come inside and make us both a nice, steamy cup of hot chocolate. To my delighted surprise, when I came inside Isaac had made the hot chocolate for us. What a sweet boy! So, we took a few minutes to sip our warming drink, then headed back upstairs to get back to work. We were warmed, pleasantly tired and completely satisfied. What a good afternoon!

I hope you enjoyed sharing our afternoon in the snow!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun. We have also been playing in the snow and drinking hot chocolate. We are stuck inside as well...a good time to get lots of school work done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CUT YOUR HAIR!!!! I like it!! A lot. It was quite a shock though. I am getting over here for the first time since I went MIA with the many school assignments. I am foot loose and fancy free!! WOOHOO. I enjoyed the photos so much. Tell Isaac he is a blessing making that hot cocoa all by himself. I know that had to be much appreciated after the cold shoveling. I am sitting here with my windows and doors open enjoying the breeze. It was a beautiful day. I felt like I had Spring fever. However, it should get cold tomorrow if the weather man can be believed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like chocolate - totally addicting! Thanks for supporting my habit!